Monday, June 01, 2009

School End Ceremony 中文學校結業典禮

This Friday is Chinese school end ceremony, but we heard that one child just confirmed with swine flu; therefore, many families were absent.

Xander and Khai participated Speech contest, so they both won a small trophy and were very excited about it. But then Khai asked me why other kids' trophy are taller than his? I told him that those kids won first 3 places and that's why their trophies are taller. He'll have to work harder next year if he wants a taller trophy.

Both kids were being really good, they sat nicely on the floor. The whole ceremony ended faster than last year because lots of students were absent. I also received thank you cards and gift card from school as a teacher. Several parents came to me and thanked me teaching their child this yearand made me felt a sense of achievement. Those were my special moments of the day.



星期五就是中文學校的結業典禮了.今年我是老師,所以有特別禮遇可以坐在椅子上.一般學生是坐地上吶. 到了頒奬時,今年煒勳和傑升都有上台領優勝奬(噓,每位參賽者都有一個奬盃, 不要跟小朋友說哦). 2 兄弟倆在台上也很興奮的看著自己的奬盃. 只是一到台下煒勳看了前三名的奬盃問我為什麼別人的奬盃比他的高? 我說因為他們講的比較好, 得了前三名. 那弟弟如果你也要高高的奬盃, 明年比賽也要努力一點才有機會得.

兄弟2個人都乖乖的在坐在自己班上. 後來所有的老師也都被叫上台去被學校感謝一番還得到15元的禮卷. 最讓我窩心的是有好幾位班上的家長都跟我謝謝這年辛苦的教導他們的小孩, 讓我很有成就感.

2 comments:

crazy lady said...

Sounds like everything went smoothly. You can't fool those boys of yours. Why are the other trophies taller indeed? I bet you did a fantastic job teaching and you deserved every bit of acknowledgment! Got big plans for the summer?

Diann THE Chief Mommio said...

Your boys are so smart. I am so glad you enjoyed teaching her Pei-I, what a great experience for your family. The kiddos are so ADORABLE!
Hugs, Diann